About Me

My photo
This is the Official Amorists At Large blog. Operated by me, Kyle the vocalist/percussionist, and Sometimes Gabe, but NO ONE else. Please feel free to subscribe and check us out on iTunes if you are interested in our music. www.itunes.com/amoristsatlarge

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First.

What's up everyone!  This is my first time using a blogging website, so bear with me..  But I recently made this to share what goes on at large with an Amorist on a day to day basis.  Now I'm pretty sure that i won't be too consistent with this at first, but stay tuned, and i'm sure i'll catch the hang of it.


So I'll start out with a little history.  Gabe and I were in a metal band by the name of Morbid Hate in around 2006-2007, which is how we met each other.  Gabe heard that I sang one day, and he asked me to come by and jam for a while, and we recorded our first song a few days later under the name Early September and things pretty much went off from there.

About a year later, I left the band for a while to go off and do my own thing vocally. Gabe joined Devils and Tuxedos while still writing and singing solo.  This is also when he changed the band name to The Amorist At Large. I came back in 2010 with the release of the Magic Room EP on June 1st, 2010, and we have been writing, and playing music ever since.  Starting with winning the Next Big Thing Tour in Los Angeles in 2010, followed by a fully planned tour of the West Coast in May, 2011 looks like a  promising year for us, and we couldn't be more excited.  Please stick around and check back ever so often. Take care everyone.
-Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers